Limiting stand-alone use to a certain amount of trials/time

Simtech Publications switchedon at hsj.com
Tue Mar 11 09:35:20 EST 2003

Greetings:

I'm developing demos of my stackware for download from my web site. Since
these are commercial products I want to either limit the number of times or
the number of days the demos will run. I'm sure this topic has come up in
the past.

I don't want to rekindle a debate about whether or not it's practical to do
this or that it's something that most people will be able to defeat. I
would, however, like to hear from anyone who has tried it or is currently
doing it successfully. Any advice, including the pitfalls, differences
between platforms (Mac vs Win), problems relateed to Mac OS X permissions,
etc.

Cheers... Bill Lynn, Publisher
Simtech Publications
http://www.hsj.com