Change "built in" Cursor images

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Mar 7 00:41:01 EST 2003

i distribute stacks that are entirely self-contained with the exception
the cursor. i.e. I can tell someone to get the Rev engine off a local
server and then run this or that stack. They don't get the developer
IDE. just the engine to serve as a player.

Rather than issue new distribution versions and going through the build
distribution process, it would be easier just to reference an image in
my own stack for the needed cursors... usually only three: hand
(browsing buttons) , iBeam (for text)  and Busy or Watch (spinning
ball) Then I just serve the stack as is without any build process
required.

Docs say: "If you change the set of built-in Revolution cursors, you
must either quit and restart the application or use the reset cursors
command to begin using the new cursor shapes."

And, there is a reference to "custom cursor images"  but no "how to"

OK, but how does one set the cursors to a new id in the first place? Of
course one can set it temporarily by script, but I am looking for a
"global' change... that doesn't require scripting to set the cursor to
the new images as needed.

Say for example one makes a nice hand or pointer image, how do you
apply that to the hand cursor so that it "takes" over the cursor when
the pointer moves out of a text field... and the same for iBeam where a
bigger more visible cursor is wanted when you do move into a text field.

One would presume that it would require that an image be in the stack
that had the same ID as the normal built-in hand cursor shape  and so
the engine would find the local image first and use that when needed.
if that assumption is correct... where is the ID list for  the builtin
cursors?

This would be nice addition to the cookbook... probably a no brainer,
but I can't find it.

Is there a search function that goes through ALL the documentation?

tia

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery