copying grps

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Mar 5 10:35:01 EST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 06:48  AM, Stephen Messimer wrote:

> I work a lot with groups.  I don't seem to have any problems with
> copied grps retaining the properties I stipulate.  In my experience
> with this I have found that Rev will always copy grps faithfully and
> this includes any buttons, fields and nested grps. The problem arises
> when you try to get their scripts to work properly. When you copy a
> grp all the objects  in the grp get new IDs.  If you have referenced
> the ids in your scripts they aren't going to work (because they will
> have changed).  I have found that if I name all the objects in a group
> ( at least those that are going to be referred to in scripts) that
> everything works out fine.

Hi, I'm not referencing the IDs. Actually what I was seeing is that all
the text was disappearing from the fields which were in the copied
groups. Something was definitely wrong. If this is not a known bug,
should  I try to make a recipe for it?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com