Changing properties won't work

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 23:31:01 EDT 2003

--- Ken Norris <pixelbird at interisland.net> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
> > Subject: Re: Changing properties won't work
> >
> > --- Ken Norris <pixelbird at interisland.net> wrote:
> snip
> >> Rev ignores
> >> the changes I make.
> snip
> > Are you making these changes through the property
> > inspector or through scripts?
> ----------
> PI
> ----------
> > If you're using the isnpector, close the palette
> and
> > click the "inspector" button again
> ----------
> I did that, a number of times, actually. I
> completely closed the inspector,
> did some other stuff, like moving a button, then
> double-clicked the graphic
> object to bring up the PI again. It had the changed
> properties I gave it
> before, but the object never changed.
>
> I cleared the graphic and made a new one. Then I
> double-clicked it to get
> the PI and changed the border, but, again, nothing
> happened.
> ----------
> > ; intermittently it
> > gets stuck and then you might be trying to set
> > properties to an object that doesn't have these.
> ----------
> You mean it stays with another object? No, the PI
> showed the correct object
> in the titlebar and had the correct properties
> available. But the object
> refuses to change.
>
> I'm dumbfounded. AFAIK, 1.1.1 never had this
> problem.
>
> Ken N.

Hi Ken,

Since you can add new things, I don't think the
cantModify of the stack is true. A few questions :
- can you make the changes via the message box ?
- does it happen in all stcks or just that one ?
- does it happen if you open another inspector ?
(RunRev re-uses older inspector palettes that are
still in memory, so opening a second one will clone a
fresh palette)
- if all of the above warrants it, have you tried
reinstalling RunRev ?

Jan Schenkel.

=====