Changing properties won't work

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Jun 30 23:16:00 EDT 2003

Hi Jan,

> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Changing properties won't work
>
> --- Ken Norris <pixelbird at interisland.net> wrote:
snip
>> Rev ignores
>> the changes I make.
snip
> Are you making these changes through the property
> inspector or through scripts?
----------
PI
----------
> If you're using the isnpector, close the palette and
> click the "inspector" button again
----------
I did that, a number of times, actually. I completely closed the inspector,
did some other stuff, like moving a button, then double-clicked the graphic
object to bring up the PI again. It had the changed properties I gave it
before, but the object never changed.

I cleared the graphic and made a new one. Then I double-clicked it to get
the PI and changed the border, but, again, nothing happened.
> ; intermittently it
> gets stuck and then you might be trying to set
> properties to an object that doesn't have these.
You mean it stays with another object? No, the PI showed the correct object
in the titlebar and had the correct properties available. But the object
refuses to change.

I'm dumbfounded. AFAIK, 1.1.1 never had this problem.

Ken N.