Text snafu

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Jun 30 22:50:00 EDT 2003

Hi Curry,

> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:43:36 -0500
> From: curry
> Subject: Re: Text snafu
>
>> I made a field then changed the textStyle and textSize, but nothing
>> happened. The inspector shows the change, but typing is still the default.
>> Nothing I do changes it.
>
> Probably there is already some styled text in the field which is
> overriding the style of the field?
----------
Nope. Besides, why should that matter? Why can't I change the properties in
the Propery Inspector?
----------
> So either set the textstyle and textsize of char 1 to -1 of the field
> to "" (by message box or by IDE) so that the field attributes will be
> used, or for something more complex, keep setting the textstyle and
> textsize of text chunks rather than the field itself.
Nope. Nothing of the kind was done to the field, only setting the text
properties.

What I'm finding is that I can't seem to set properties of any objects from
the PI. I don't understand why.

Ken N.