: More send in time (also Point Inside PolyGon)

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Jun 30 22:43:00 EDT 2003

Back to Dar,

> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:03:28 -0600
> Subject: Re: More send in time (also Point Inside PolyGon)
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>

> Comments:
>> The expression
>> point is within the rect of object
>> is equivalent to
>> within(object,point)
>
> It may have contributed to throwing Eric off.
Well, you're apparently correct. An object doesn't necessarily have to be
rectangular. I mean, the two are the equivocal only if the object  _is_ a
rectangle.

In addition, in the first case you can use the rectangle numbers alone. IOW,
you can use the rect numbers of a rectangular object to define an area even
if it's hidden (I think) or there are other objects on top of it.

Ken N.