debugger

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 15:57:01 EDT 2003

--- Yves COPPE <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> > Bonsoir Yves,
> >
> > Here's the trick :
> > - open the script you want to debug
> > - use the Debug menu to turn on script debugging
>
> When I do that, my computer (iBook G3 500 MHZ) stays
> "blocked"
> nothing happens
> I have to force quit
>
> Greetings.
> Yves COPPE

Hmm, that classifies as 'not good' or even 'not good
at all' ; are you running MacOS9 or X ? IIRC, you're
using MacOSX ; are you getting the coloured pizza when
you try to do something in RunRev afte picking the
menuItem ?
Are you running many other apps at the same time? It
could be the OS is paging memory to the harddrive --
I've seen that take up quite some time (4 minutes
even) between running Safari and Revolution at the
same time on the Pismo PowerBook at work.

Turning on debugging doesn't do anything straight away
; you will only see the change in the script window as
it adds the white space on the left, and when the
execution hits a breakpoint -- at which point the
script window will be brought forward, waiting for
your interaction.

Jan Schenkel.

=====