More send in time

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Jun 30 13:48:01 EDT 2003

>As an example, here's how I would write it in a normal HyperTalk structure:
>
>on mouseDown
>   repeat until the mouse is up
>     if the mouse is within graphic 1 then
>        set the vScroll of fld 1 to (the vScroll of fld 1) - 1
>     else beep
>   end repeat
>end mouseDown
>
>How should I rewrite this to get the exact same effect with a 'send in time'
>construct?

Howdy Ken,

Here's my quick shot at it (in button's script):

on mouseDown
    checkScroll
end mouseDown

on checkScroll
   constant mySelectedInterval = 10 -- change this to get correct timing
   if the mouse is up then exit checkScroll
   if the mouse is within graphic 1 then
     set the vScroll of fld 1 to (the vScroll of fld 1) - 1
   else beep
   send "checkScroll" to button whatEver in mySelectedInterval milliseconds
end checkScroll
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company