More send in time

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Jun 30 13:24:01 EDT 2003

Howdy,

I'm still having problems understanding 'send in time'

I want to send continuous messages to scroll a field while the cursor is
within a graphic while the mouse is down. It's been reiterated a number of
times that it's not a good idea to use 'mouseWithin' or  'mouseStillDown' or
'while the mouse..' or 'until the mouse..' in Rev.

As an example, here's how I would write it in a normal HyperTalk structure:

on mouseDown
  repeat until the mouse is up
    if the mouse is within graphic 1 then
       set the vScroll of fld 1 to (the vScroll of fld 1) - 1
    else beep
  end repeat
end mouseDown

How should I rewrite this to get the exact same effect with a 'send in time'
construct?