Voices

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jun 29 00:20:00 EDT 2003

 > Though I might add, chill out dude.
----------
I thought the Re could've been edited better, but at least I could follow
the thread, and I don't think it deserved a flame. A lot depends on how your
emailer handles replies.

But, back to the problem. Most of my stuff needs audio feedback, and also
replaces speech for a speech-impaired person, so I'm also very interested in
getting a selection of voices to work in Windows.

How about this:

<http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/>

These voices sound very good, but the engine that produces them isn't
available on the Mac thus far. Of course, my Macs have been talking for so
long, I'm spoiled by the easy availability.

The question is: How would Rev access the AT&T runtime engine and interact
with the voices?

BTW, There is an SDK available from WIzzard Software:

<http://www.wizzardsoftware.com/naturalvoices.asp>