Stopping the User from Adding/Removing Lines to a field

Igor Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Sat Jun 28 00:46:00 EDT 2003

Hi all!

Would anyone know of an easy way to stop a user from removing or adding
lines to a list field?

PROBLEM:
I have a list field with entries that the user should be able to
CHANGE. The user MUST NOT be able to, however, delete or add lines to
the field. I thought of using a TABLE field, however my users will
enter international characters (Esperanto, Icelandic, etc.) that
Revolution currently does not seem to support in the tables...

It is easy enough to trap 'enters', 'returns', 'deletes' (forward and
back). However, there are some functions that the user should be able
to use that can still wreak havoc with the lines - namely, CUT and
PASTE... This is all getting SOOOOOO complicated, for such a small
limitation I want to implement, that I feel I must have missed a
checkbox somewhere that will simply allow me to do it all!

Can anyone help?

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
igor at pixelmedia.com.au