read/write Palm DBs

Manuel Companys mcompanys at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 08:02:02 EDT 2003

Le jeudi, 26 juin 2003, à 10:56 Europe/Paris, Lars Lewejohann a écrit :

> I came accross "Revolution" by searching a crossplatform
> development-tool for
> building a Win, Mac and Linux software to work with my Palm software
> "Tiny
> Red Book" (http://www.tiny-red-book.com ). What I would like to ask is
> whether
> there are any templates/experiences using revolution to read/write
> Palm databases
> on different platforms. I have already started to write a VisualBasic
> programm (sorry,
> didn't mean to offend...:-) -reading/writing PDBs is quite easy with
> VB and a
> certain DLL (PalmDB.dll), however a growing number of customers are
> asking for a
> Linux or Mac client.

I am very interested on Palm, too; but the other way around.. I am
finishing a program that would certainly be more useful in a Palm.
By now, I call it "Litteris" ("through letters, in latin) a
multilingual utility (independent source, target and interface
languages)
with 4 cards:
1) #2letters: arabic or roman digits to letters  ( 7 languages) or
roman digits
2) Measures converter
3) currency converter
4) conversation guide to and from any of the languages, with phonetic
transcription (and audio speech for English)

But I am leaving next week and I will be away for one month or so. I am
not carrying a computer to camp in Alaska! ;- )
If bears don't  eat me, I will show up last week of July either from
Houston or from Paris. I am interesed in:

- how to make Palm software out of RR stacks.
- Unicode problems in several languages, especially Esperanto
- Problems connected with internationalization
- Language learning programs (french "didacticiels de langues")

Manuel