Temporary folder on OSX

James.Cass at sealedair.com James.Cass at sealedair.com
Tue Jun 24 12:41:01 EDT 2003

Thierry-

"specialFolderPath("Temporary")"   returns   "/private/tmp/501/Temporary
Items"   for me.
I am running Rev 2.0r2 on a PowerMac G4 Tower (533 MHz).

-Cassj

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           Thierry Arbellot          |
|         |           <thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.|
|         |           fr>                       |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           use-revolution-admin at lists|
|         |           .runrev.com               |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           06/24/03 01:09 PM         |
|         |           Please respond to         |
|         |           use-revolution            |
|---------+------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                     |
  |       To:       use-revolution at lists.runrev.com                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Temporary folder on OSX                                                             |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

I am developing an app which needs to use some temporary files, so I
would like to use the temporary folder defined by the system.
But there is something strange with the temporary folder on OSX

I have an iBook running OSX 10.2.6 and Rev 2.0.1

On this computer, the specialFolderPath("Temporary") command returns
"/private/tmp/502/Temporary Items"
Notice that the Rev documentation doesn't say temporary folder is
available on OSX.

Also, I have an iMac with OSX 10.2.6 and Rev 2.0.1

But on this other computer, specialFolderPath("Temporary") returns
empty.
I checked the disk - with the help of FileBuddy as the temporary folder
is invisible - and found the path "/private/tmp/501".
I created the "Temporary Items" folder, and then
specialFolderPath("Temporary") returns "/private/tmp/501/Temporary
Items"
Looks good.
Unfortunately, when I restart the system, the "Temporary Items" folder
is deleted.

At this stage, I would like to know what is correct: should
specialFolderPath("Temporary") returns a path or not ?

Please, could someone check on his own computer and let me know what
does return specialFolderPath("Temporary") ?

Thanks.

Thierry Arbellot