pageHeights property, but for groups

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Jun 23 23:27:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 05:56  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Alex Rice wrote:
>
>> I have a tall scrolling group that I'm using to printout a report. I
>> need something like field's pageHeights property, to scroll the group
>> so as not clip the page in the middle of a line of text. Does anything
>> like that exist?
>>
>> Any pointers by someone who's tackled this one before?
>
> The formattedheight of the group will tell you how tall it needs to
> be, and
> the printPageHeight less the top and bottom values of the printMargins
> will
> give you the height of each page.

I know about the formattedHeight. There is no printPageHeight property.
There is a printTextHeight but it's just a compatibility property.

However, crux of the problem is that within my group there are multiple
fields and other groups. Fields may span one or more page heights. I
need to position the fields and/or groups such that each of the fields
matches up exactly on the page boundary to avoid clipping a line of
text.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com