Password & Passkey

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 23:11:00 EDT 2003

RevListers,

I have finished development of a project, and have an "authorised user"
pop-up button that insists the user identifies themselves prior to proceeding.
This effectively means I need to change the contents of the button at each build,
because it is sent to different user groups.  This seemed like a good idea
during development.

Now I am fed up with rebuilding for each copy, and want to have an external
stack containing the list of users.  This way I only need to change that,
rather than rebuild each time.  The way to go seems to be a teensy encrypted
'authorised users' stack.  The main application can look in it with password and put
what is needed into the popup, but  I am struggling to get this to work.

I am trying to access the ''authorised users' stack within the standalone
preopenstack script, extract the users and put them into the popup.  Is this an
OK thing to try to do? i.e. open and access a stack in the preopenstack handler
of another stack?  If I use a proper path, does the Passkey command open the
stack, or do I need the path in a 'get' statement?  Or can I 'get' with
Passkey?

Are there any advantages to closing the teensy stack, or can I just open it
invisible and leave it hanging about till everything quits?

Still on 1.1, if that makes any odds.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">