".app" resource inclusion

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Mon Jun 23 15:11:01 EDT 2003

Alex,

A-ha! I think I understand. But that raises another point. My current
app uses a folder named "resources" that sits at the same level as the
finished application. I have some images and sounds in that folder
referenced with pathnames. In my current app, for example, I have an
image object with a filename of "resources/horse.jpg". Using the
example you give (below), how would I set the filename during the
development process when the app (and the path) doesn't exist yet? I
can certainly re-code the Transcript where I set the pathnames but I
guess I'm asking if there is one consistent methodology that would
permit me to test everything without glomming everything together with
a Distribution and tossing everything into the Resources folder inside
the package.

Seems like there must be a "get" or "set" the defaultFolder to...
command that would be necessary (and is probably obvious once it's
pointed out to you). *grin*

Thanks,
Barry