RevJournal Participation Incentives

Alan Golub ASGolub at dkhglaw.com
Mon Jun 23 10:36:01 EDT 2003

I¹d like to invite all Revolution developers to participate in
writing/developing tutorials and/or reviews for the revJournal web site. In
exchange for your contribution, you¹ll get your name and company listed in a
byline alongside your contribution, and a free banner ad for your
company/site/product. Major contributors will be eligible to become a
revJournal ³Sponsor of the Month,² with an ad banner prominently displayed
on the revJournal home page.

I¹m open to suggestions for topics you¹d like to write about, but here are
some things I¹m particularly interested in:

revSchool: This is our tutorial section. It¹s for folks with relatively
little programming experience, to provide a firm grounding in the basics.
I¹m looking for tutorials in the following categories: (a) creating and
using custom properties; (b) database development; (c) incorporating sound
and video; (d) using rev¹s drawing tools for interesting interface
development; (e) cross-platform issues; (f) internet library (HTTP, FTP,
libURL, load, etc.); (g) XML; (h) rev¹s object-based paradigm; (i) text
manipulation; (j) regular expressions; (k) common algorithms and data
structures; (l) externals (using and developing); and (m) printing.
Remember, I¹m looking for just the basics here for a newbie to get started,
although a series of tutorials on a single topic should get progressively
more advanced.

revTools: Here¹s where we review third-party resources of interest to Rev
developers. If you know of a book, plug-in, standalone, web site, etc. that
you¹d like to write a review about, please contact me. This is an extremely
broad category, so almost any relevant thing you can think of is ok.

If you are hesitant due to time constraints and/or lack of writing
experience, don¹t be! The writing schedule is flexible ‹ we¹ve got
sufficient content to carry us through at least a couple of months, which
leaves ample time to write new material for publication in late summer or
early fall. As for the writing, I will be involved in editing/fine-tuning
your submission so that it meets the high standards we¹ll be setting for all
content.

If you would like to lend your talents in exchange for promotional
consideration, please contact me off-list at publisher at revjournal.com.

Thanks all!

Alan S. Golub