How to use joysticks in Rev

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Jun 21 19:40:00 EDT 2003

Hi Shao,

> From: "Shao Sean" <shaosean at unitz.ca>
> Subject: Re: How to use joysticks in Rev
> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:56:46 -0400
>
>> I'm not getting any feedback on the list about this. Is
>> everyone mad at me for some reason?
>
> maybe it's because of what you did at the last company
> picnic? ;-)
>
> look at the "open driver" "read driver", etc in the docs to
> see if that does what you need it to do..
----------
I tried that, but 0 results so far. I'm not sure what it reads. I mean it
can only return a block of info, but the stick is streaming when it's
moving, so I'm not sure what it is I,m looking for.

I provided a field for the info to go into, but nothing  happens.

Here's the script as it is for USB Overdrive:

on mouseup
  open driver "USB Overdrive"
  read from driver "USB Overdrive" until end
  put it into fld 1
end mouseup

...nothing, nada, zip.

Any ideas welcome,