Newbie

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Jun 21 13:21:00 EDT 2003

Bon giorno,

Welcome to the RunRev group list.

> From: dottorzivago at fastwebnet.it
> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:55:01 +0200
> Subject: Newbie
>
> Sorry for this very basic question and if this has already been
> answered before in this list or in the documentation but....
> I have 2 main stacks in the same folder and I want to launch stack A
> which should automatically open stack B;  the 2 stacks  should be
> visible.
> How can I achieve this?
----------
on openstack
  open stack "MyStack"
end openstack

However, unless you place the stack window in an offset location, it will
open exactly over top of the first stack, so you'll need to decide on a
different loc if you want to see both.

For some reason, I think it's possible you are trying to do something that
may be done better in a different way.

1) If you are in the IDE, you can make substacks, which are not (yet) files.
While developing they are can be easily accessed and developed as if they
are separate stacks, but they are owned by the file (Main Stack).

2) Then when you build for distribution, you can allow the Distr Builder to
automate making substacks into separate files, if you want. Makes for a
stable saving environment, I.e., you can update your UI stack(s) without
affecting data or preference settiings, etc.

The substack method makes it easier because you only have to save the Main
Stack while developing, the substacks are automatically saved with it, and
you can access them and test from the IDE. There are examples in the Rev
contributor page.

Question: Are you using a Mac or a PC for development?

> Thank you for your attention and sorry for my English too but I have
> done my best here :-)
Your English seems fine to me, better than my Italian which is basically
non-existent.  ;-)

HTH,
Ken N.