How to using BLOB by Rev2.0 & MySQL4.1

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Sat Jun 21 02:00:27 EDT 2003

>When using MySQL and Rev2.0, which character set should be used?
>I tried ucs2 which is 16bit Unicode. (because Rev2.0 was 16bit unicode)
>It seems that however, use of ucs2 was too early also at MySQL4.1.
OK for anyone who plans to use japanese or other international characters
with database, I would suggest you get and set everything in UTF-8. Most
databases support UTF-8, and Rev can encode/decode UTF-8 to unicode.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought