valentina and rev 2.0 (Jan Schenkel)

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Sat Jun 21 02:00:00 EDT 2003

> a. I open my Valentina database using RunRev's
> built-in database query
> builder; the database has several distinct tables,
> only one of which has a
> unique primary key, though the rest all have records
> that can be uniquely
> identified by field combinations. Now one thing that
> throws me is this: when
> i select the unique field in the table having such
> to be the primary key,
> and then close the database query builder (dbqb) --
> when i reopen the dbqb,
> it almost always lists "None" as the primary key,
> unless I click on the
> "refresh" button. Is this correct behavior? Same
> thing happens with
> multi-field key definitions in the dbqb: i type for
> example "fld 1,fld 2,
> fld 3, fld 4" into the dbqb, close it up, and when
> reopening, the primary
> key is listed as "None" until I click "refresh".
> What is going on here?
Please report this to the bugzilla bug database for the dbqm. Sounds like
it should be saving the primary key.

>   Also, I do not understand why if there is only one
> database open, RunRev
> can give me a number such as "3", "5" or "7". Why
> not "1"? Are there some
> ghost databases open? This perplexes me.

As Jan mentioned this in nothing to worry about. Connections and Cursor
increment the same internal counter, so it you open a connection (id 1),
send a query (id 2), and open another connection the id will be 3.

> I made a typo in the path to the
> database, and 1.
> Revolution instantly crashed;
Sounds like a bug in Valentina. They fixed this for OSX. If it crashes
when specifying an incorrect path to the database query builder, please
bug report it against the database query builder. In general if something
has not been resolved on the list please report it to ensure that it gets
fixed. One of the neat things about the new system, is that it allows us
to get a quick summary or all the outstanding issues, which is useful
both for the developer and the bug reporter.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought