mouseLoc OS X strangeness

David Beck davethebrv at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 21:50:00 EDT 2003

Well, the resolution is that I couldn't find any property of the menubar
group or "File" button that could reliably be used as an indication as to
the origin of the mouseLoc function. I tried height, bottom, and effective
textHeight. But, I did discover that the clickLoc function doesn't have the
same problems as the mouseLoc function. The clickLoc will always have an
origin of (0,21), regardless of OS. So that is what I'm using. Also, as a
side note, the xLoc and yLoc params of the mouseMoved message don't suffer
from the mouseLoc weirdness either, so its safe to use those. Thanks for all
the help guys! This list has always been so awesome at helping me through
these little quirks. Cheers,

Dave