OSX Dist. Builder and preconceptions

mark cowhead at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 05:37:01 EDT 2003

Richard Matheson wrote:

> select a small stack in the builder and select Mac OS X as
> the output and try it out.........
>
> preconceptions, preconceptions......

Indeed.  Such as the rather absurd preconception that I hadn't actually
tried to build anything on OSX yet, prior to writing to this list! :-)
Believe me, I consider writing here a last resort, as there is too much
traffic already.   I had already tried building on 3 different
computers and two different OSX's (G4 tower, G4 PB, iMac G3 running
Jaguar and Jaguar and 10.1.5 respectively).  I have tried 3 different
downloads of Rev 2.0.1.  But  I always get the same result...a message
saying that open the OSX engine in the components folder.  Seeing as
there is no OSX engine in the comp folder, I assumed that was the
problem.  But apparently it isn't.  Apparently, it shouldn't need an
OSX engine in the comps folder.  So something else must be busted.
Building with Rev 1.1 is no problem, nor was building with the beta
version of 2.0.  Nor is building a MacOSFAT any problem with 2.0.1.
(and the OSFAT engine is conspicuously present).  But building for OSX
ON OSX with Rev 2.0.1 simply does not work.

mark mitchell
Japan