The User Contributions List

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 05:00:00 EDT 2003

--- Magnus Hippolyte Batavia
<magnus at mail.maclaunch.com> wrote:
> Over the last few weeks I could not but help but
> notice
> that your user contributions list is saturated by
> contributions by one particular programmer: Richmond
> Mathewson.  While he should be patted on the back
> for his
> contributions it seems worrying to me that no other
> programmer is submitting anything.  I understand
> that many
> programmers are using your excellent development
> suite -
> there must be some comeback from this.
>
> Magnus  Hippolyte Batavia

Hi Magnus,

I wouldn't worry about it : most of these stacks are
the results of experiments as one is working towards a
goal ; and the bulk of these experiments don't even
get saved.
And once the goal is achieved, most of these
experiment stacks that are saved end up buried in some
folder ; sometimes people like Richmond go through the
trouble of sprucing it up a little and submitting it
as a user contribution.
But not everybody has the time nor the inclination to
do that. Plus, there's this list, filled with people
more than happy to answer all sorts of questions as
they pop up.
It's on my ever-growing-and-rearranging "to do"-list
to go through my experiments and see what can be
useful to others ; every once in a while I put
something on my website (usually after a question
here). I have no doubt that's the case with most of
us.

Just my 2 eurocents,

Jan Schenkel.

=====