revExample plugin

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Jun 16 23:13:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 04:58  PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 10:05PM -0700 6/6/03, Alex Rice wrote:
>> 1) How does one edit and save a plugin stack?
>
> The same way as any other stack. (I can't reproduce the problem you
> were
> having in saving the "revExample" plugin - could there have been
> another
> script interfering?)

Yes, I'm sure there are no other scripts. I have confirmed this with a
fresh copy of revExample.rev. (Rev 2.0.1, osx 10.2.6) It seems to me
that the plugin messages interfere with the rev IDE somehow. These
things had a buggy feel to them, which is why I wasn't sure it was the
right way to develop a plugin.

Try this

1) Open revExample.rev. Open up the Script editor on the revExample
stack's script. Add a newline or make some trivial change. Apply the
script changes. Save the stack. Now there is a horizontal rule floating
above all the other windows in the rev IDE. It has a drop shadow and is
not attached to any windows. It won't go away until the IDE is quit.

2) With the Example stack in the foreground.
	- Type command-S to save. NOthing happens but some entries in
Example's message log scroll by.
	- Type command-S again. Now the "Saving... stack revExample" modal
progress dialog is stuck in the foreground. Clicking on it won't make
it go away.
	- With "Saving..." dialog still showing, choose Revolution | Quit
Revolution. Sheet pops up on Example window "Do you want to save
changes...". Click save. Now the "Saving... stack revExample"
disappears and reappears in a new location, but it still "stuck" in
this modal progress dialog.

>> 2) Where are the plugin API handlers, like revSelectedObjectChanged,
>> documented? I've noticed that some of the handlers have parameters and
>> some don't. It's hard to guess what some of the parameters are.
>
> They're identical to the base messages. For example, the parameters for
> revSelectedObjectChanged are the same as those for
> selectedObjectChanged.

Ah! OK thanks.

> (More plugin docs will be forthcoming.)

Fantastic.