Paying for what you get (was: Re: Smoother JPG resizing?)

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 20:42:01 EDT 2003

sez Edwin Gore:

sez revlists at canelasoftware.com:
>I too have a need for this capability.  I suspect you are using Windows
>to do this resizing.  Windows does not have built-in antialiasing
>routines.  While OTOH Mac does.  That is why resizing on a Mac is so
>much better visually.
>I have already contracted Tuviah to write an external to cover this
>need.  It would be cool to get this feature into the engine or at least
>included with the distribution of Rev.  If anyone is interested in
>splitting the development costs, write me off list.  I will have to
>clear this with Tuviah to make sure he is ok with this as well.
   This is not the first time people have posted messages about, "man, I'd
sure be willing to pay for X", or "I'd be willing to *develop* X if someone
would pay me". So here's a thought...
   Basic idea: Set up an organization called The RunRev Mailing List Fund (or
whatever name). Anyone who wants to can contribute any amount of money to it,
as and when they please. What happens to the money that's collected in this
way? The Fund pays it out to people who actually *do* stuff.
   Obviously, there are (plenty of) details to work out, but that's the core
concept. Is it worth pursuing?