installing valentina vxcmd

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Mon Jun 16 20:39:00 EDT 2003

Hi Jacque

If I may add my comments to this. I still not sure you are talking about
just Valentina, which I use extensively or externals in general, but since
you responded to Robert's post, I assume you are using Val.

> On 6/16/03 5:33 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>
>> A common problem with externals (as with valentina) is failing to set
>> the externals property under OSX. And you are using the Macho version of
>> Valentina, of course.
>

> What filepath do you use for the externals property, and where do you
> place the external.bundle itself? Inside the app bundle? Or at the root
> level of the app folder? What filepath do you use in the externals property?

For VXCMD_Classic_MC on OS 9
file path form- HD:Projects:Val folder:filename
Val is sitting at the same level as the standalone (or the RR app stack
during development)

For VXCMD_Macho_MC on OS X
file path form - /Projects/Val folder/filename
I have the Val bundle at the same level as the standalone or RR stack.

I don't use VXCMD_Win_MC on WINDOWS yet but I've been told the filepath is:
D:\Projects\Val folder\filename
does that sound right?

Is this what you were asking?
Ron