Smoother JPG resizing?

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Mon Jun 16 13:24:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 12:23 PM, Edwin Gore wrote:

> Part of the app that I am writing needs to resize some jpgs (usually
> smalled) and I am noticing that when I do this by taking a jpg and
> slapping
> it into a fixed size image object, that the resizing is pretty rough.
>
> Is there anyway to get smoother jpeg resizing out of RunRev?

I too have a need for this capability.  I suspect you are using Windows
to do this resizing.  Windows does not have built-in antialiasing
routines.  While OTOH Mac does.  That is why resizing on a Mac is so
much better visually.

I have already contracted Tuviah to write an external to cover this
need.  It would be cool to get this feature into the engine or at least
included with the distribution of Rev.  If anyone is interested in
splitting the development costs, write me off list.  I will have to
clear this with Tuviah to make sure he is ok with this as well.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com