Richard's novella on the philosophy of printing (was Re: ReportObject...)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jun 16 12:18:00 EDT 2003

Richard,

Great points...all of them.

Another analogy would be the various Xobj's for TCP/IP connection available
to Director. I know we (Human Code) sold one of them called "XtraNet" a
million years ago. With it you could build multi-player games and other like
products. But, it was nowhere near as powerful as the socket commands in the
MC engine. Even though it may be more difficult, you can (using sockets in
RunRev) program anything from web servers, to chat clients. Great stuff!

I agree, if there's a choice, give us the 'building blocks' and let us 'roll
our own.' More flexibility equals more power.

-Chipp