Iconic property & OS X - yellow gum drop

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Jun 16 07:09:02 EDT 2003

>>  >
>>  > I am using a custom window (windowShape) that has no titlebar, so
>>>    I'm trying to make my own gum drop quit-dock-mini buttons.
>>>
>>>  I want to have the app go to the dock when I click on my little yellow
>>>  gum drop image...how can I script this? Iconic property doesn't
>>>  apply to OS X.
>>>
>>Did you try it? I forgot to report that I found the docs were wrong on this
>>issue. It's very nice on OS X. I even have a button in one of my projects
>>that opens ll the required files I need for development and iconifies them.
>>Really cool ;-)
>>
>>set the iconic of stack x to true
>
>I tried:
>
>1.custom window (windowShape) that has no titlebar but I set the
>decorations to
>default anyway
>
>2. made a btn with "set the iconic of stack x to true" as you suggested
>
>When clicked, the custom window stays where it was but the Rev menu
>(authoring menubar) has
>most items grayed out (stack script, stack properties etc) - it
>thinks the stack has gone
>somewhere but it just sits there as it did prior to  "set the iconic
>of stack x to true" .
>
>It works here for a regular (non-custom window), but it's not
>working with a custom window.
>In any event it doesn't seem to want to hop in the dock for me.

Hacked, semi-solution:

Added a small stack named "miniKart"  then added the following to my
yellow gum drop image btn

on mouseUp
   close this stack
   go stack "miniKart"
   show stack "miniKart"
   set the iconic of stack "miniKart" to true
end mouseUp

On the other end I added an unIconifyStack  handler to go back to my
custom window stack.

Not ideal so if anyone has a better trick I'm listening.

atb

sims