nuovo websitsko :-) the sequel...

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Jun 15 14:36:02 EDT 2003

Bonjour Manuel,

> Le dimanche, 15 juin 2003, à 15:00 Europe/Paris, Klaus Major a écrit :
>
>> @Manuel
>> Actually i might support any language with a corresponding country
>> which i might get in business with at some time...
>>
>> Which unfortunately is not the case with "Esperanto" ;-)
>
> What are you interested in: the countries, or the people who could get
> in business with you?

Sorry for this. I did not mean to insult you or any esperanto-speaking
people.

I just made some kind of:

abs(joke)

  :-)

> Those aliens ares spread all over the world. I agree that they are
> quite few
> (more than some countries with a language quoted in Jaguar's system
> preferences/languages, though). But these people are very active, very
> fond of international web communication and computer use*, and they
> are so strange aliens, that some of them could buy an program just
> because
> it has an esperanto interface. And look: in a few minutes 3 of those
> intruders
> from outer space showed up right in the middle of our list!

Yo, that's what's scaring me :-D

> Something simlilar with Catalan. All of them can use Spanish fluently.,
> but they would like their language to be in the program. And there are
> probably more computers in Barcelona than in the rest of Spain, or in
> in a buch of south american spanish speaking countries together, for
> that matter.
>
> Anyway, what my translation offer is good for french, spanish and
> catalan**,
> my three "mother languages" (dont be surprised: aliens are that way)
> ;-)))

Anyway here is my offer:

Send me a translation of the stack title and description of my X-Talk
section on my
website in your language and i will make them available.

I will also provide a plugin in the next days that will let you also
translate my
explanation-instructions inside my scripts, generate a short report
save it as
a stack and you can mail it to me :-)

Will be useful to other users of RR also, of course...

The idea of a multi-language x-talk page and instructions is very
exiting...

Feel free to add as many dumb jokes in the scripts as id did ;-)

> Excuse us for the noise.

No problem ;-)

Noone loves languages more than i do and there are many winesses of
this fact
on this list (Bonjour Yves & Dag Ton & Konichi-wa mitchell-san... ;-)
so again sorry for
any misunderstanding of my (sometimes far-out) sense of humour :-)...

(Sometimes i speak in tongues... :-)

> But discussing about the pertinence of languages for
> internationalizing programs
> may not be totallly irrelevant for at leat some of us.
>
> And again congratulations and thank you for your stacks and the nice
> way you
> help people.

Since i struggeld through the high learning curve of HC/SC/MC/RR all by
myself,
i know how hard it is sometimes to get to the basics.

And so i am really pleased to privide some (hopefully) understandable
examples
of theses basics :-) and some more advanced tricks, of course :-)

> I hope you'll get the whisky bottle!

To be honest.
The last one (i recceived last year because of some clever post)
is still more than 3/4 full ;-)

My favourite is:

Hush, hush: jan s., or one of his clones ;-)

> Manuel

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de