Input devices

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Jun 14 15:29:00 EDT 2003

Howdy,

Has anyone built a stack for controllers? The problem with virtually all the
stack-based games and related software I've seen is that they don't have any
internal controls for setting up input devices other than the
keyboard/mouse.

I'm not familiar with the readFromDriver and related commands.

I'm on a Mac G4 which requires use of the Mac Input Sprocket for game
controllers like joysticks. I have a generic shareware driver called "USB
Overdrive"

<http://www.usboverdrive.com/>

...but, of course, it's Mac only. It may work with a Mac standalone build,
but I haven't tried it. It can assign all the controls of my CH Fighterstick
in various ways, but the user would have to set it up manually in the
control panel for each app that has no Input Sprocket controls of its own.
It can also assign key controls to the Fighterstick switches.

But, it would be wonderful if I could get Rev to set up such controllers
cross platform, even if adjustments are necessary.

TIA for any help or direction .

Ken N.