altBrowser Question

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Sat Jun 14 13:50:01 EDT 2003

Chipp,

Figured the answer to this might be valuable to others, so I decded to put
it on the list.

When using the altBrowser plug-in, is it possible to access the data in the
browser? I'm wondering because for something I am woking on it would be
really neat to let users browse through a particular website and then, if
they see something they like, click a button which would cause my app to
grab some data off the site and do stuff with it.

altBrowser gets fed the URL to go to by RunRev, is that correct? If so I
suppose that even if I can't directly pull the data out of the browser
plug-in, I could still grab and parse the url....

Anyway, look forward to hearing the answers on this.

Thanks,

Edwin Gore