Using Valentina

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 13 19:17:00 EDT 2003

  Could someone knowledgeable about Valentina help me a bit? I figure I
could try posting these questions to the Valentina list, but since the
readers here know runrev better, I thought I'd try here first.

I am trying to install the xcmd so I can use Valentina, but I am uncertain
about the exact procedure. I'm using Mac OSX.2.6 and Rev 2.0.1

a. Which Valentina XCMD do I use, the one called VXCMD_Carbon_MC or the one
called VXCMD_Macho? What is "Macho"?

b. To install, according to the scant directions in Valentina, you copy the
CODE resource from a specified file into the stack you want to use Valentina
with. I did that.

c. AND you put the XCMD in the same folder as Runtine Revolution.

d. AND the docs say: "For windows and macho versions for new stack, you must
set the "externals" property of your stack to the path of the external." Do
we have to do this? (I tried). And if we do, what is the form of the
externals command?

  Is it: set the externals of this stack to "./VXCMD_Macho"? (this is the
example given in the Valentina docs for an external named "VXCMD_Macho_MC".

  Thank your for any help you can provide.

rand valentine