standalone has plainly readable transcript

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jun 11 19:10:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 04:47  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> "The manual: it's a beautiful thing to waste."

Actually I should have spent less time reading the 350 hits for
"standalone" in the Document Search plugin, and more time puzzling
about the Distribution Builder "Encrypt with password" checkbox button.

My initial reaction to that checkbox was: the user will be prompted for
a password when they run the standalone. I was so sure about that I
never even tried it.

The password property TD entry talks about encryption, but it focuses
on what you can and can't do within the Rev IDE. It doesn't say
anything about standalone apps, other than you can set it in the
Distribution Builder. I should have made the connection because I know
now that a Rev standalone app is basically a "stack player" packaged as
a single file with the Mainstack.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com