substack behavior

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 11 18:29:01 EDT 2003

rand valentine wrote:

> Greetings to all, and many thanks for all of the helpful posts to this
> list. I'm working on a fairly elaborate database (a dictionary research
> tool), using RR 2.0. I want to be able to provide myself and my research
> partner with reference materials, and the logical way to do this would seem
> to be to have floating substacks that provide different kinds of information
> in fields. But when I open a substack, I have to negotiate all of the open
> stack, close stack, etc. stuff -- but what I really want is just a floating
> window that provides information -- is there any way to suppress the
> open-stack messages and that sort of stuff?

If your mainstack has just one card or a common shared group, just move its
system messages handlers to that object to prevent substacks from triggering
them.

The mainstack scrit is a great place for commonly-use handlers but not the
best place for handlers to be used only by the mainstack.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation