Dumb questions about the script editor

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 00:31:00 EDT 2003

--- Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 09:30 PM, Jan Schenkel
> wrote:
>
> > 2.
> > select the command/function/keyword in question,
> and
> > use menu 'View' > item 'Look up selection in
> > Transcript dictionary'
>
> Aw, I was hoping my fingers wouldn't have to leave
> the keyboard.
>
> Dar Scott

Nope, I just peeked at the revTemplateScriptEditor,
and there's no commandKeyDown that does it.
However, a quick check of the script of the 'View'
menu, and the revDocsLibrary backScript shows there
nothing to stop you from making a plug-in that assigns
a functionKey to do this :
    put the selection into tText
    if tText is not empty then
      revDocsDisplayTranscriptTermPalette tText
    else beep

Have fun,

Jan Schenkel.

=====