Textfield BorderColor bug..?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Jun 10 17:37:00 EDT 2003

>In OSX the background should have a subtle stripe, but it is plain
>white even though the tab panel has the stripe. I tried adding a stripe
>from the standard icons to the background, but in the built application
>it is still blank. If I add the stripe to the foreground then
>everything turns an ugly gray.

The striped background won't appear on a stack that is set to topLevel.
It has to be modeless, modal, or palette (and the background pattern must
be set to empty).

>In addition to that, I cannot seem to add an icon to finished
>application during the build process. When I select an image file, the
>compiled application shows a generic application icon for OSX and if I
>do not select an image file I get the revolution icon.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

I have the same experience, but I just take my icon file (which has the
icon as *its* icon), open it in Get Info, select the icon, choose Copy
from the Edit menu, open my rev app, select it's icon, and choose paste.
This sets the application icon to my icon.

>Also, my project is 100k, but the application is 3MB, is this normal.

I think the runtime engine is about 2.4 megs. Do you have extra items
included that you don't need in your app (printing, internet, icons,
dialog boxes, etc.)?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein