How to use "send"

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jun 10 14:15:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 12:35 PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> I have a repeat loop I'd like to have execute one loop per second.
> However, I can't use the "wait" command because there are objects
> moving about on screen that I must not stop (and the "wait" command
> will stop them). Here's the loop; perhaps someone can advise me how to
> change it to the "send" structure?
>
> repeat with i = 1 to 6
> 	set the title of graphic "coverMask" to "Releasing piece " & i & "..."
> end repeat

off the top of my head...

Method 1:

put "coverMask" into graphicName
repeat with i = 1 to 6
    put "releasing piece " & i & "..." into newTitle
    send "set the title of graphic graphicName to newTitle" to me in i
seconds
end repeat

Or this that don't work...

Method 2:

on updateTitle i
    if i is empty then
       put 1 into i
    end if
    set the title of graphic "coverMask" to "Releasing piece " & i &
"..."
    if i < 6 then
       send "updateTitle i-1" to me in 1 seconds
    end if
end updateTitle

Then in your code put this

updateTitle

If there are problems, let me know; I didn't even bother to check this.

Dar Scott