template objects--and nothing else!

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Jun 10 12:25:01 EDT 2003

This is a weird one.

I started editing a stack I've been working on. I go to draw out a new
field. The cursor changes to cross hairs and I drag out the field. Only
nothing shows up on the card. I look at the Property Inspector and it's
labeled "the templatefield".

When I click on a button in the tool palette, the property inspector
changes to "the templatebutton". If I click the graphics tool, the
PropInspector changes to "the templategraphic".

Strange! Since these are all virtual objects, I can no longer add any
objects to my stack. If I click an existing object, the property
inspector shows the appropriate info. I *can* duplicate an existing
object to add something new to my stack, but if I don't already have this
kind of object, I can't add anything new!

If I create a new stack, and click a new tool, the property inspector
still says "the template(object)" but as soon as I go to draw the object,
the propInspector changes to the right kind of object. Then if I click
another tool, it goes back to "the template(object)".

Anybody have any idea what's going on here? (Rev 2.01, Mac OS 9.2.1)

Howard Bornstein