How to Inspect Rev Tools

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Tue Jun 10 01:15:47 EDT 2003

At 6:02PM -0700 6/8/03, Dan Shafer wrote:
>The docs say (or strongly imply) that since the entire Rev UI is
>written in Rev, you can examine how it does things and even, given
>sufficient courage and backups, tweak the way the development
>environment works.
>
>Pray, how do I do that? I can't seem to get any of the Rev tool stacks
>to open in an editable or viewable way.

I assume you've read the "How to investigate code in the development
environment's windows" (since that's where this is mentioned), so you know
how to look at and modify the scripts in a window.

Most of the development environment windows are either modeless dialogs or
palettes, which you can't use the Pointer tool in. To use the Pointer tool
(for example, to change the layout of controls or add a new control), use
the contextual menu shortcut Command-Control-Shift-click, and choose
"Toplevel" from the "Stack Mode" submenu. This turns the stack into an
editable window.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/