Custom Cursors

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Jun 9 13:04:00 EDT 2003

Hi Ton,

> Is there anybody out there who can explain me how to create my own
> cursors
> for use in Revolution?

here, me, here!!! ;-)

> I know how to use PhotoShop, but I don't see a way to get the 1-bit
> artwork
> into RR with a transparent background :-((

Make a b/w image (16x16 pixel) of your cursor on a separate layer, just
to keep
transparency...

Then "Save for web" as gif, 2 colors, check transparency...

Then import this image as an embedded image.

Now here's the final trick :-):

Open the paint tools.
Choose the brush or the eraser tool
Click on your image ONCE and IMMEDIATELY UNDO your action!

This way that image will be converted to RR internal image-format and
can then be used as a cursor wihout problems...

on preopenstack ## or whenever
    set the defaultcursor to xxx
    ## the id of your cursor img
end preopenstack

I did it before and it works like a charm :-)

> Color cursors are not supported and the project is to complex to move
> an
> image across the screen simulating a custom cursor.
>
> Any help is welcome...
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Ton Kuypers

Hope that helps...