Is beep zero-based?

valetia at mac.com valetia at mac.com
Sun Jun 8 01:39:01 EDT 2003

Hi Dan,

The transcript dictionary explains it like this:

Cross-platform note:  Windows and OS X do not execute the beep command if
it¹s issued while a beep is playing. This means that if you specify a
numberOfTimes on a Windows or OS X system, the user might hear fewer beeps
because not all of them are sent to the speaker. To ensure that the user
hears a specific number of beeps, use a loop with a wait command after each
beep:

  repeat for 4 times -- ensure 4 separate beeps
    beep
    wait 200 milliseconds
  end repeat