Another saving problem: not so strange!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 7 17:34:00 EDT 2003

On 6/7/03 1:40 PM, Emmanuel Companys wrote:

> How a stck should choose a standalone instead of the RR program that
> created it?

The OS decides, not the stack or Revolution. On a Mac, the OS usually
chooses to launch the copy of the application that you ran most
recently. Since your standalone and Revolution will both open stacks,
the OS decided that your standalone was the most recent version. I think
there must be other rules too, because sometimes the OS is not
consistent about what copy of an application it chooses.

> And my standalone was in the trash! I allways have tought that a program
> in the trash could not be opened, or at least, that you would  get an
> alert box prompting you to take the program out of the trash first.

I think that was true in OS 9. If you are running OS X then it may not
be true any more. Maybe someone who knows more about how the OS works
can answer.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com