Another saving problem: most strange!

Emmanuel Companys mcompanys at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 11:17:00 EDT 2003

I was having saving problems, then Sarah wrote:

> I had this sort of problem when I had a file with a non-standard
> character. You also have a non-standard character in your file name.
> If you change this, I'm sure your save problems will disappear.

They did: I got a file "Litteris 1.1 o" containing a stack "Litteris
1.1 ß". This worked fine.

But then, after some revision, i renamed my stack "Litteris 1.1.1ß" and
did a "SAVE AS..." "Litteris 1.1.1 b. rev". Got my file: everithing
perfect.... as long as I open AFTER having opened RR 2.0 (either form
the "OPEN STACK..." of the file menu, or by double clicking the file's
icon.

If a double click directly the "Litteris 1.1.1 b.rev" icon, I get BOTH
stacks opened: "Litteris 1.1 ß AND "Litteris 1.1 o". and in the desktop
menu bar the menu is: "Litteris 1.1 §" (with a § replacing the &: don't
ask me why). This is strange enough.

But there is more to it. If I quit and then double-click ANY of my
stacks, it opens after opening "Litteris 1.1 ß" . Both stacks windows
remain open and the menubar is "Litteris 1.1 ß“, no matter which stack
icon had be double-clicked! So the information ordering to open this
intrusive stack is hold not int the file, but somewhere in the
application. I don't understand how this is possible.

[ By the way, is there any way of seeing the contents of a RR file? ]

Since RR 2.0.1 has just been released, I am going to install it and see
what happens, although the improvements list doesn't mention the
inconveniencess I have encountered: buttons behavior, names
unconsistency, speech, and saving problems.

Manuel