Using Superscript and Subscript in Fields

curry curry at pair.com
Sat Jun 7 05:21:00 EDT 2003

>The problem is preventing the search and replace from picking up the
>next number which should remain as normal text.  1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 and so
>on. By placing a space between each subshell configuration I think it
>would work.

Actually, it's easy to do this kind of thing once you learn
scripting. Here's an example doing a repeat, although a regEx
replacement should be possible too. You could adjust it if anything
is not quite the way you want:

function theformat x
   repeat for each word w in x
     put char 1 of w & "<i>" & char 2 of w & "</i>" \
     & "<font size=8><sup>" \
     & char 3 of w & "</sup></font>" \
     & space after r
   end repeat
   delete last char of r
   return r
end theformat

Then you can set the htmltext of your field to theformat(whatever you give it).

You might want use a font size of 8 or more, I had unexpected results
with smaller sizes.

--
Curry Kenworthy