Slide Controls ?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Jun 6 17:48:06 EDT 2003

*************
> Subject: Slide Controls ?
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 05:54:16 -0400
>
> Presumably 'scrollbar'?  I have done that already: that is
> not really my sticking point.
>
> What I do need to know is how to get the position of the
> button on the slide to return a value.
----------
The keyword is "thumbPosition"

on mouseUp
  put the thumbPosition of me -- or
  put thumbPosition(me)  -- or
  put thumbPosition of the target
end mouseUp

The keyword command for setting volume is "playLoudness". With no other
parameters, (like movies) it defaults to the system speaker volume.

If you set this, you should first get it and store it so you can return it
to where it was when you close your stack.

on openStack
  global gSysVol
  put the playLoudness into gSysVol
end openStack

...in your slider script or wherever you are catching mouse events:

on mouseUp
  set the playLoudness to the thumbPosition of the target
end mouseUp

on closeStack
  global gSysVol
  set the playLoudness into gSysVol