Build Distribution & Speech problem

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Jun 6 13:48:01 EDT 2003

*************
> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:00:04 +0200
> Subject: Re: Build Distribution & Speech problem
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> I didn't know some externals were necessary to use the revSpeak
> command, and from Alex and SIm's posts I can't gather what I have to do.
>
> - which files are necessary?
> - where do I get them?
> - where do I put them?
>
> I am using macOS 10.2.6 and want build distributions for macOS, macOS X
> and Windows.
----------
I'm glad you asked, because I know next to nothing about speech in Windows,
except that it seems to require purchasing extra software. And what,
exactly, is the software the user must have in order to use revSpeak in
Windows? And where in the system should it be in order to access it from
Rev? So far, I've failed in every attempt to make revSpeak work in Windows.

I hate to be asked to be led by the hand, but that's what it's going to
take, IMO.

OTOH, my Macs have been talking for many years, and the speech functionality
seems to work OK in Macs from HyperCard (in Classsic), Supercard, and
RunRev.

TIA,
Ken N.