Build Distribution & Speech problem

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Jun 6 13:37:00 EDT 2003

**************
> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:17:03 +0200
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: Build Distribution & Speech problem
>
>> I didn't know some externals were necessary to use the revSpeak
>> command, and from Alex and SIm's posts I can't gather what I have to
>> do.
>>
>> - which files are necessary?
>> - where do I get them?
>> - where do I put them?
>
> I've only done this for Mac OS X.
>
> After I made the standalone there was also  a file named
> revspeech.bundle, which
> in my case was in the data folder. It does not get placed inside the
> OS X application
> but is sitting outside of the app bundle/folder. If you move the
> standalone away from
> the revspeech.bundle the speech will not work. To make things simpler
> for me I made
> an alias and open the standalone with that.
>
> Obviously, as Alex pointed out, it would be much nicer to have the
> revspeech.bundle
> placed *inside* the app in a future Build Distribution release...hint, hint!
Agreed. If you are like me and intend to use speech as both feedback aids
and to simulate speech for speech-impaired users, knowing the bundle goes
with the app would give me much more peace-of-mind when building
distributions. In fact, I'm glad I found the above info, because I would
have run into problems here.

Ken N.